Some of the highlights of the 2014 Bird Fest are:
Registration is now open! Registration closes May 9, 2014
- Keynote speaker Dave Quinn, CBC radio’s “outdoor adventure guy.”
- Photography workshop hosted by well-known West Kootenay photographer
- Raptor specialist Brian Baxter from Libby Montana.
- Returning bird experts Dr. Rick Page, Daryl Calder, Pat Michell, Ed
and Hazel Beynon, Peter Wood and Peter McIver will be leading Saturday and Sunday
morning birding tours.
- A variety of valley events have been planned along with
several activities for children.
- New this year, is something called “Biologist in your Back Yard”. On
Sunday, Ed McMackin has offered to visit your back yard and identify all
those mystery birds, butterflies, plants, and wild animals.
- And of course, more food, wine, cheese and juice all from the
Artists are invited to display/sell their art during festival
Fri, May 9 • 1-5 pm • Sunshine Room
Creston and District Community Complex
Artists are responsible for their own displays
Chair: Creston Valley Bird Fest 2014
Next meeting: Thursday, March 6th,2014, 3:00 pm,